Job: Accounts Payable Assistant
|| Accounts Payable Assistant
||Industry, Part Qualified Accountants
Role: Accounts Payable Assistant
Client: Our client is a market leader in the Oil & Energy Industry with over 400 employees.
Purpose of the Role:
To work as a part of the Accounts Payable team, to ensure timely processing of all supplier invoices in line with month end timelines. To work with both suppliers and internal staff to ensure adherence to the AP procedures. To deal with supplier queries in a timely and effective manner to bring outstanding payments to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Timely processing and payment of supplier invoices.
• Processing & payment of Employee expenses to agreed deadline.
• Assisting in the preparation of month end accruals.
• Preparing monthly creditors reconciliations.
• Update monthly accounts payable KPI report.
• Liaise with suppliers and internal departments on queries as requested.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Work with Financial Accountant to review and update accounts payable documents and procedures.
• Other income accounting and analysis
• Assist Finance Dept with analysis/ balance sheet reconciliations as required.
• Other Ad hoc duties as required.
• 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
• Prior use of accounts payable accounting system (preferably an ERP).
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly excel and word.
• Numerical Ability.
• Strong organisational & problem solving skills
• Experience of working to deadlines.
• Ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
• Willingness to learn.
• Good Communication Skills.
• Working towards a professional qualification such as ACCA
• Knowledge of JD Edwards software package an advantage
For additional information or to apply for this role please contact Josephine or Martina on 01 6624595 or email email@example.com